What is Oil Pulling and How to Do it?
Oil pulling is an amazing technique for your oral health. This is a technique in which you need to take a little oil like sesame oil, olive oil or coconut oil in your mouth and swishing it around your mouth. It is commonly done in India and around Asia. The following steps will help you understand how to do oil pulling:
- Take 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth and swish it lightly in between your teeth for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- You can do it in the shower, while reading or when cooking etc.
- Spit the oil in the cup or in the trash and then rinse the mouth before brushing the teeth.
What are the Benefits of Oil Pulling?
There are many amazing health benefits of oil pulling and some of them are given as follows:
- It helps in curing tooth decay.
- It has proved to be effective in healing bleeding gums.
- It not only cleanses the mouth but also whiten teeth naturally.
- It strengthening the jaw muscles and even supports weight loss.
- The health of the mouth is linked to the health of the body thus doing oil pulling can prove to be great for overall health including heart health.