There are many myths about root canal treatment. Does it work? Does it pain? For how long does it hurt? There are many questions and myths regarding the procedure of treatment and the after effects of it. Here are answers to them:
- Does it work? Yes, it does. The treatment process is very successful if it’s carried out by a professional doctor properly.
- Does it pain for a long time? No, the pain can be felt during the process of treatment and minor pain after the procedure, but not for a longer period.
- If due to some reasons it doesn’t work, does the tooth have to be removed? No, a professional doctor can look into it and can cure it with a successful root canal treatment.
- Is the treatment procedure too costly? No, it isn’t. The treatment procedure is very cheap in comparison to the replacement of tooth.
- Does it require powerful painkillers to subside the pain? No, it requires only mild painkillers so that the patient doesn’t feel any discomfort.
- Is it harmful to have the treatment during pregnancy? No, during the second trimester of the pregnancy the treatment procedure can be done. And it’s better to have done it so that there’s no pain during pregnancy.