Natural childbirth is something that most pregnant women want but is becoming increasingly difficult to achieve. But for an optimal pregnancy and labour, the following given 7 exercises would prove useful.
- Walk daily-this is a wonderful exercise for a smooth pregnancy and labour and must be done everyday even for 15 minutes.
- Sit on an exercise ball-this exercise puts your body in the right position and gives a great alignment for the baby.
- Sit cross legged-sit cross legged often during pregnancy to make the process of labour less painful and much smoother.
- Lean over an exercise ball-this position works with gravity to flip a posterior baby.
- Four leaning inversion-lean on all your fours for a few minutes every day especially in the last trimester.
- Pelvic rocks-Get on all your fours and then up your back and your pelvis for a few minutes and then come back to the normal position. This can be done for half an hour about 3 times a day.
- Butterfly exercise-sit and put your feet together and then hold your ankles and then do small rocks with your knees and thighs. It is a great way to keep the body flexible.