Types of Anxiety Disorders
An anxiety disorder can be serious mental condition in which people feel extensive fear and worry.
What are the symptoms?
- Feelings of panic, fear, and uneasiness
- Sleeping problems
- Cold or sweaty hands and/or feet
- Shortness of breath
- Dry mouth
The following are the different types of disorders:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
People who worry excessively even for simpler things are the sufferers of this disorder. It can last for days, months or years. Persons who are experiencing this disorder can feel it very difficult to carry out day to day activities. These people will often feel exhausted, stressed, irritability and tensed.
- Panic disorder
Panic disorder can be noticed if a person feels terror without any warning. People who have this disorder can experience chest pain, heart complications, feeling of dread and dizziness.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
People with OCD have unwanted obsessions and compulsions. These are instinctive and uncontrollable thoughts that occur again and again in your mind. Even though, you don’t want to have these ideas, you can’t stop them.
- Unnecessary fear of causing harm to yourself or others
- Extreme focus on religious or moral ideas
- Double-checking of things, such as locks, appliances, and switches
- Post traumatic stress disorder
It can develop following traumatic events that make you feel unsafe or helpless.
People with this disorder experience flashbacks, nightless, tensed and irritable. These symptoms will make it difficult for them to establish long lasting relationships in their personal life.