Travelling could be painful for people with arthritis, but this pain can be reduced and travelling can be made smoother by taking some precautions. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Arthritis patient must take adequate rest before beginning the journey. Taking rest before the journey can decrease the chances of pain during and after the journey.
- An arthritis patient must plan their activities beforehand, and they must plan it in a way so that there is enough rest period frequently. This lessens the chances of acute pain.
- To prevent stiffness in joints, the patient must perform some simple movement exercises on all joints.
- The patient must know their limits and should not over exert their body. They should not let their body be tired.
- Disabling arthritis patients must always carry their walking aids like wheelchair and sticks while travelling. They must use these walking aids whenever needed to minimize the chances of over exertion.
- Arthritis patient must always carry their medication with them. In the case of sudden pain, their medicines are the only thing that can help them overcome the pain.
If the above-mentioned travel tips are followed by the patient, the chances of pain can be reduced.