Doctor Willie explains useful tips and suggestions to take care of your kidneys.
- Limit salt intake-too much salt can make us retain water and this can damage the kidneys. Always choose low salt varieties of foods and meats.
- Limit high protein foods-too much protein can overwork the kidneys and thus it is important to eat a balanced diet.
- Keep blood pressure under control-high blood pressure can damage the kidneys and thus it must be kept under control.
- Take care of blood sugar levels-diabetes can also lead to kidney damage and failure and thus it should be checked regularly.
- Drink a lot of water-drink about 7-8 glasses of water every day as it reduces chances of infections and kidney stones.
- Avoid taking too much pain relievers-taking too many pain reliever pills can damage the kidneys. It is better to go for physical therapy to relieve pain.
- Be careful when going for medical tests-medical tests and examinations like CT scan, MRI and others can lead to kidney related issues and one must remain careful about them.
- Limit vitamin C-too much of vitamin C can cause kidney stones and thus they should be consumed in limited quantity.
- Take kidney checkups regularly-it is important to go for kidney tests regularly to detect and treat kidney problems early and to avoid them from becoming serious ones.