The video explains how to keep blood sugar under control. The following are the few tips that control the blood sugar levels.
Nowadays, many people are suffering from high blood sugar levels. High blood sugar causes diabetes, kidney failure, macular degeneration, heart disease and other retinopathies. It increases the cancer’s risk and a new form of alzheimer’s termed as type-3 diabetes.
The ideal thing is to keep your blood sugar levels below 5 mmol/L (90mg/dl). This level can be achieved through lifestyle and diet in most cases. So, how to keep blood sugar levels under control.
The following are the few tips that help you in keeping your blood sugar levels in optimal range.
- Keep refined sugars to a minimum
- Do not overindulge in starchy carbs
- Get 30-45 minutes of aerobic exercise for 5 days a week
- Eat more low-glycemic carbs
- Consume more of vegetable soups rather than potatoes, rice, bread and pasta
- Have foods that slow down the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream
- Go for right late night snacks
- Required to supplement with hydroxy citric acid, chromium, catechins to enhance insulin function
- Maintain ideal body weight. Keep in mind that waist circumference must be small enough to prevent insulin resistance
- If you are more prone to stress, take a supplement with adaptogen herbs to hinder the release of cortisol
Follow these tips to balance blood sugar levels.