Toddler age groups are at the stage of learning to talk properly. During this time, you should talk a lot with your kids as the more you talk, the more will your child speak. You should encourage your kids to talk and express their emotions and feelings. Below given are some tips for encouraging your child to talk:
- Children learn to talk by imitating their parents and seeing the lip moments. Hence, try and talk to them for a long time.
- Expose them to repeated usage of words.
- Remember to use small sentences as it becomes easy for the child to grasp them. Ask the child to speak the words which you speak.
- Do not correct the children too much and support them positively even if they make mistakes in pronouncing some words.
- Use photos or maps and point towards the objects by telling the name of the object to your child.
- Have a story time dedicated for your child so that they have an improvement in their vocabulary and develop an interest towards learning new words and learning through books.
- Do not be in a hurry to make your child learn to talk as they would be speaking some words at the age of two and form sentences at the age of three.