Coffee enema is a type of enema procedure, in which coffee is injected into the anus in order to clean the large intestine and rectum. This method is considered by many medical practitioners to be dangerous and unproven.
Coffee Enema Helps in the Following Ways
- It helps in improving bad breath.
- It helps to fight against foul gases.
- It helps in the treatment of constipation.
- Coffee enema reduces pain, depression and gives joy and happiness.
- It lowers anger and enables a person to remain mentally focused.
The Mechanism of Action of Coffee Enema
Coffee enema contains Kahweol and Cafestol Palmitate which stimulates the enzyme glutathione S-transferase. This enzyme hastens the binding of GSH (glutathione) to eletrophilic substrates via a sulfhydryl group. This binding enables the compounds to become more water soluble and this enzyme helps to eliminate toxins from the blood and the water present in the enema helps to eliminate the toxic substances from the upper alimentary canal and out through the rectum. The coffee administered into the rectum dilates the bile duct and increases the bile flow to 600%.
The Procedure of Administering of Coffee Enema into the Anus
- 2 tablespoons of coffee prepared is diluted with 1-2 cups of distilled water.
- It is then administered into the anus with the help of an enema kit.
- The liquid should be held in the anus for 15-20 minutes and then expelled out.