A patient is in pre diabetes state when their test results of HbA1c are above 6. The HbA1c level of a patient is their Average Glucose Level of the last 3 months.
Discipline is very necessary for a pre-diabetic patient to keep their blood sugar level in control. The patient must have a strict diet regime. Especially, no sugar intake is allowed. Here are some points which must be kept in mind of the patient while preparing diet chart:
- Rice should be taken just once a day and in a moderate amount i.e. not more than a cup of rice, and should be taken in the afternoon.
- Avoid these fruits: Sapodilla Plum (Chikoo), Banana, Mango, Grapes and Jackfruit.
- Every other fruit can be consumed in moderate amounts.
- Stop eating these vegetables: Tapioca, Sweet potato and Potato.
- Vegetables like carrots and beans can be eaten in moderate quantity.
- At least 45 minutes of brisk walking is a must for a pre-diabetic patient.
- Exercise should be done daily. This helps a pre-diabetic patient very much.
Following the above-mentioned points with disciplined lifestyle can easily prevent a pre-diabetic patient from getting the troubles of diabetes.