If you wish to know some tips and suggestions on healthy eating and weight control, then you can go through the following given points:
- Choose lean meat and chicken-the first way to ensure that you eat healthy is to concentrate on choosing lean meats and chicken. Eat no more than 6 ounces of meat or fish in a day.
- Fish is healthier-fish is healthier than meat as far as proteins are concerned. They contain omega 3 fatty acids which are great for the heart especially oily fish like sardines and salmon.
- Nuts and seeds-make sure you include nuts and seeds in your diet on a regular basis. They are an excellent source of protein.’
- Reduce fatty foods-cut back on fatty foods and processed meats and remove visible fat from meat before cooking.
- Avoid sweet beverages like soft drinks (soda) and iced tea etc as they have added sugar and can make you gain weight.
- Limit salty foods such as soy sauce, fish sauce etc.
- Limit eating low fibre foods like white bread and white rice etc.
- Eat more vegetables and fresh fruit. These foods are high in fibre which is great for digestion and bowel movements.