PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) is the most common reason for infertility amongst women and this affects nearly 30 percent of the worldwide population.
Foods to Eat –
- It is important to have low glycemic food which has higher fiber content during PCOD. These include whole grains, cereals, fruits and vegetables.
- Most women who suffer from PCOD have high insulin resistance. A remedy suggested by most experts is to have a glass of cinnamon water every morning.
- Dry fruits such as walnuts and almonds are rich in essential nutrients such as OMEGA-3 fatty acids.
- It is also essential to eat green and leafy vegetables which are endowed with low calorie and high nutrition content. Dark colored vegetables too have several nutrition benefits.
- Many doctors also prescribe the usage of olive oil, coconut oil and rice bran oil which are not highly processed for cooking purposes.
Foods to Avoid –
- The most important thing is to eliminate processed food, oily food, junk food, carbonated beverages and other such food from diet.
- We need to return to our traditional food habits to lead a healthy life. It is important to adopt gluten-free food and eliminate refined flour, white bread, white rice other such food items.
- Alcohol consumption and caffeine consumption needs to be reduced. It is also imperative to cut-off artificial sugar from our diet as it causes hormonal imbalance.
- Reducing the intake of sodium rich food would also help.
Proper intake of wholesome and nutritive food would help to combat PCOD.