With the arrival of summer, the skin faces a lot of abuse due to the weather, making it look dull and lifeless. This is mainly because of dehydration of skin caused due to excessive sun exposure, stress and lack of adequate water content in the body. Below given are some tips to keep skin hydrated during summer so that your skin looks fresh.
- Drink 2 to 3 liters of water every day so that the body stays hydrated.
- Moisturize and cleanse your skin with a mild cleanser so that the skin stays nourished.
- Exfoliate your skin so that it does not look dull.
- Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol during summer. Along with this, also avoid consumption of aerated drinks, which usually happens a lot during summer.
- Use a mild face wash to keep the skin clean and hydrated.
- Eat a balanced diet and include ample amounts of fruits and vegetables in your meals.
- Take sun protection measures like using a sunscreen with 30 or 50 SPF. Apply it half an hour before you step out in the sun.
- Carry an umbrella or a hat for extra protection.
- Use medicated facials like Papaya facials with consultation with your dermatologist.