- The postoperative period, especially the first 6 weeks to 12 weeks it is important for the patient should perform his physiotherapy regularly which consists of strengthening exercises and range of motion exercises.
- It also involves applying ice packs regularly to reduce the pain, inflammation and swelling.
- It’s crucial that one tries to regain as much as motion as possible during the first 3 months following a knee replacement surgery by doing the exercises during this period is extremely important. Even after this duration also, it is important to continue doing the exercises to keep the knee supply and have a good range of movements.
- The things which cannot be done after the knee replacement surgery are contact sports, jogging, running, squatting on the floor, sitting cross-legged. These things better to be avoided to have a long life for your knee.
- Most of the things which can be done are routine things like walking, a game of golf or sports which involve not much movement like table tennis or playing doubles.