There are numerous benefits of the Bariatric surgery and there is a method to ascertain who will benefit from the surgery. A person’s BMI, i.e., body, mass, index is calculated.
- If the BMI is more than 37.5, then the person will benefit from this surgery.
- If the BMI is 32.5 and the person is suffering from Hypertension, Diabetes, Cholesterol or Triglyceride, then he will also benefit from this surgery.
The Reasons Why Bariatric Surgery is Done
- Bariatric surgery is done to reduce a person’s weight.
- This type of surgery is done to change the metabolic profile and treat diseases like Hypertension and Diabetes and in such cases, it is known as Metabolic surgery.
- People who are overweight and infertile, Bariatric surgery can help them to lose weight and conceive.
- People undergoing this surgery lose lipedima (cholesterol and triglycerides) and thus Diabetes Mellitus and Hypertension also gets treated as a result of the surgery.
Thus it can be said that the risks involved in Bariatric surgeries far outweigh the benefits associated with it. It is the ultimate solution to a number of diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension and Cholesterol apart from weight loss.