Sciatica is a general term for pain originates from the sciatic nerve. Sciatica is a symptom of a disorder that causes mild to sharp and sometimes excruciating pain. Sciatic nerve pain travels from the buttock, down the back of the thigh, and into the leg. Low back pain may accompany sciatica, and some patients experience sciatic pain extending into the foot. Another characteristic of sciatica is it usually affects either the lower left or right side of the body. External remedies for sciatica are
- Snehanam i,e oliation this can be done by mahanarayana tailam depending on the once prakurthi.
- Nadiswedanam then steam can be done with decoction of herbs or else a steam can be given when patient lies inside the box,
- Navrakli – It is a try of Kerala rice. The bolus is made up of rice then dipped in the decoction of herbs and patients get the fermentation, even bolus made with different leaves can be used for sciatica which is very useful.
- Elakili – This is one of the best methods. The bolus is made up of different leaves like drumstick leaves and herbs like turmeric, ajwain, garlic and grinds, all this are then dips in the oil, warmed it and just take it up to the temperature the patient can bare and give a fermentation throughout the path of sciatic nerve.
- Valuka putali – Another method is sand is heated and tied in a bolus and then just fermented. Decoctions of different herbs are made and poured wherever there is a pain Along with this you should definitely see that the patient should take good rest and exercises this is a must.